Thursday, October 11, 2007

Another Post Tonight

Well, I was playing some more tonight and I had to share my end result. I decided to pop over to Splitcoaststampers and check out the Ways To Use It Challenge (135) and found that Julia's computer is not working so jacksonbelle is filling in. Well, everyone knows that jacksonbelle loves bling so the challenge is to make cards using BLING. What fun!
So, I decided that I just had to try a Bety card. If you don't know who Bety is, you just have to go over to her blog iralamija. She makes the most elegant and beautiful cards imaginable!! In fact, they are so beautiful, she often has to remove them because they are being published somewhere!!
The strip of crocheting on this card actually comes from my husband's grandmother's sewing machine stash. You see, when she passed away, we were lucky enough to inherit her old sewing machine. When it arrived we were thrilled to see that the little drawers were filled with all kinds of goodies... buttons, ribbon, pins, and some crochet pieces. I have been able to work many of the items into cards which always adds a bit of "extra special" to them.
I started with a very vanilla card. I stamped the flower from Carte Postale on the top third of the card in Pixie Pink. There is just something awesome about pink and brown together! Then, I added some of the Au Chocolate designer paper (SU) and glued the crochet piece between the two. The most difficult part of this card was the sentiment which I added onto an oval of Bazzill Chip chipboard. I covered it with vanilla paper that I stamped with one more pink flower. Then I added "love" using the Fancy Flexible Phrases. Finally, I put on my BLING - all the way around the rest of the oval. The finishing touches were some sponging around the vanilla and some faux stitching in Chocolate Chip on the top third of the card.
Thanks for visiting!

No comments: