Sunday, October 28, 2007

Candy Shoes

I made these "witch shoes" a bit ago but spent today filling bags with the kandy korn filled shoes and adding them to bigger bags of candy treats!! My son was drooling over everything...the temptation is killing him!!
The template is from Ellen Hutson. On splitcoast someone was looking for the template of these shoes on this thread . They had seen them in a magazine. Sweet Ellen was able to help everyone out and posted it on her blog!! Wasn't that wonderful for her to do. I totally fell in love with the shoes and started making them!! They are quite simple to make. It does use up a lot of black paper as it is hard to cut 2 templates from one 81/2 x 11" sheet but if you are really careful you can do it! It also takes a lot of cutting -- the black shoe and then the inside designer paper. But the embellishing part is easy. I have that great buckle stamp from Close to my Heart which worked well with ribbon. My other favorite (not shown here) is to use 3 small rhinstones along the right hand side (like buttons) and a bow on top. You can see one done like that uploaded on my Splitcoaststampers gallery HERE.
And my big question for the season... When exactly did purple and green become Halloween colors?? They were never considered Halloween colors when I was a kid!! I find that very interesting!!
If you decide to make some of these great shoes, leave a link in a comment here so I can go ooooh and aaaaahh over them!!
Thanks for visiting.

No comments: