Monday, October 22, 2007

Christmas Cards!!

Well, it is getting that time of year when you will be overwhelmed with seeing Christmas cards on blogs, SCS, and other crafting sites! This place is no exception. So, here is the first of one of my Christmas cards for the year. It is a paint chip card. What fun!! You should have seen me at Home Depot and Walmart the other day.... looking through the chips trying to decide which ones were prefect matches for SU colors!! I found this chip with blues and it ended up matching perfectly with the Buckaroo Blue , one of the 2007 In Colors from Stampin' Up. The card is pretty straight forward to make. Buckaroo Blue front stamped using Snowflakes with craft white ink. Then I stamped more of the larger snowflake on the chip itself and matted that on a piece of white cardstock, edging the white with my silver gel pen. Then I punched some white cardstock with my Designer Punch -- which I love, love, love!! I edged it with silver as well. A 1" circle punched and edged in silver was added. On it, I stamped the larger snowflake usin Buckaroo Blue, but only after stamping it off once. It made a nice faint snowflake so that my sentiment Merry Christmas from the Fancy Flexible Phrases could be stamped on top using Bordering Blue. Finally, I cut slits on the edges of the label punch and added some white organdy ribbon topped with this silver ribbon I got out of the $1.50 bin at Michaels. If you have started your Christmas cards, I'd love to see them. Leave a link in a comment so we can ooohh and aaaahhh over your creation!! Thanks for visiting.

No comments: