Sunday, October 21, 2007

Elegant

Hi everyone!! I'm sad because this weekend everyone was in Calgary stamping in their pajamas, 24 hours each day for the whole weekend and I was sitting at home missing out on the fun. It just didn't work for me to be able to attend so I've got my sights set on the next central Alberta get-together. So, what does one do when she is missing her stamping buddies.... she stamps, of course. I sat down and decided to use up some of the absolutely yummy Daisy D's paper that I bought quite a while ago at my local scrapbooking store. Yes, I'm a total paper hoarder...well, I actually hoard most of my supplies. I find awesome items to use on my cards, spend the money, bring it home and then they just sit in my craft room looking all pretty and wonderful. Well, today I really pushed myself because not only did I use the Daisy D paper... I also used a prima flower that I am sure I bought over a year ago (and this is the first one I used out of the container!) and I used a velvet blossom from Maya Road that Nicole is carrying over at Papertrey Ink. I love, love, love those velvet blossoms... I bought the package that contains the black, chocolate chip, caramel, and vanilla colors since I tend to use those colors families the most!! I even used my scallop scissors along the bottom of the black strip. I don't ususally pull them out but my son did a project a few weeks ago and I really liked the look. At the last minute, I added some paper piercing along the edges of the So Saffron paper. I love the look of paper piercing, it give the design a "little something" without adding "more" to the card. There isn't a lot of stamping on the card, only the sentiment which comes from Measure of a Life (SU). I didn't want to detract from that fabulous paper and those georgous flowers!! Oh no, I'm beginning to sound like Jan Tink... hahaha, she is georgous too -- pop over to her blog for a good laugh and some awesome projects!! Supplies: Cardstock: basic black and So Saffron (SU), Designer Paper Daisy D's called Boho Floral, Stamp: Measure of Life (sU), Prima flower, Maya Road velvet flowerr, black brad (SU), Provo Craft small scallop scissors. Thanks for stopping in to visit again!! Post a link in the comments section of a card you have made recently that uses some of those items you like to hoard...and if you are not a hoarder -- good on you!!

No comments: