Monday, October 29, 2007

Keychains

Here is a project I've been meaning to do for a very long time. I saw these: I thought they were by Sylvie (from her blog Crazy Stamps) but I looked and couldn't find them. The other place I might have seen them was on Godelieve's blog but I didn't see them there either. I copied the picture a long time ago, before I figured out a good system to be able to give credit to whose idea my projects came from. Although I am not sure if the idea is actually from the two ladies above, you must check out their sites... they are so talented!! And whoever posted the above picture -- thank you and feel free to leave a comment or pm me at SCS and I will quickly edit this post with credit to you!!! Regardless, I decided that my old ratty key chain had to go and that this would be what I replaced it with! The cardstock color here is the new Wild Wasabi from Stampin' Up. It is a great color of green and makes an interesting mix with a number of other colors! Here, I've paired it with Close to Cocoa (one of my absolute favorites) and Chocolate Chip. On the back, I've added some of this awesome polka dot paper from WeR Memory Keepers called Limade - and it matches the Wasabi perfectly!! To make the keychain, I punched some light cardboard with my 1 1/4" circle punch. Then punched out 4 wasabi circles and 2 of the Limeade paper (note one of the circles is solid green on both sides). Then I glued all of the circles together. Next, I stamped some swirls from my new Gel-a-tins clear stamps called Build Your Own Florish using close to cocoa. I added a sentiment from the Fancy Flexible Phrases and one of the swirly designs from that same set on the back, both times using Chocolate Chip ink. Finally, I added the little leaves from Petite Patterns in Versamark. Next, I stamped the star from Year Around Fun 2 and the leaf and heart from a small gift set I received from my demo (thanks Geri!) using Chocolate Chip ink onto Close to Cocoa cardstock. Cut these out and glued them on. Each circle has a Sahara Sand eyelet. I finished each circle off by drawing around it using a Close to Cocoa marker and then I inked up the edges using the same color ink pad. I really like how they turned out. If you decide to give this fun little project a try, post a link in the comment section to let me know. Have fun! Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Godelieve said...

The keychain is made by my friend Sylvie, so you were right. I love her work very much!
I really like your keychains too! A gorgeous mix of colors, and great stamping!