Friday, October 12, 2007

Limited Supply Challenge

I just love the limited supply challenges. I think it is a good exercise to use less when making a card. Sometimes I find I just keep adding more and more until the card just is a bunch of stuff. When I am doing one of the Limited Supply Challenges, it forces me to, well, limit it all!!
Cammie posted today for the challenge and her challenge was to make a card for someone who was dealing with cancer. The limitation was that we couldn't use designer paper, no hardware, and no ribbon. Here is the final product of my attempts (I'll try to post my failed attempt below)
The card is pretty straight forward. I took some whisper white and using one of the small designs from Fancy Flexible Phrases, stamped it all over in Pixie Pink. Then I stamped the sentiment from Warmest Regards onto white and cut it out, edging it in some Pixie Pink. I put this on a scallop rectangle -- Thanks Robin!! Then I put all of this onto a black card. I finished off the card with some faux ribbon, Pixie Pink, in fact.
My "oops" card was exactly the same but I used a piece of pink ribbon, one of the things I was not supposed to use for the challenge. Coincidently, I got the ribbon from one of the girls at my card club, Joanne and her sister Diane had brought ribbons for everyone and pink snacks like M&Ms and other goodies. They were very thoughtful!!
Thanks for visiting this evening.

No comments: