Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Little Ladybug

I really wanted to make a card using this stamp! It is the cutest little ladybug and you will never guess how much I paid for it..... only $1.33! That is such a deal for a great stamp, especially in Canada. I found it at Walmart in a double pack, there was a bumble bee with it and I used it to make this card. So I samped the ladybug with Basic Black ink onto white cardstock. Then I used my SU watercolor crayon, the red of course, to color in the ladybug. Then I cut her out. Next I cut the red gingham paper and since my sewing machine was out from a sewing project I had done earlier, I did some stitching around it with black thread. There is just something nice about stitching on a card. Next, I tied the ribbon and added the Rivet stamp for a sentiment. I tucked a piece of Real Red cardstock over the ribbon but under the rivet. Then I glued on the little ladybug and drew his "tracks". I fairly simple card but lots of fun. Have you made a card and REALLY sewn on it?? If you'd like to share, leave a link in the comments so we can take a peek at your great project! Thanks for visiting.

No comments: