Thursday, October 25, 2007

Stripes and Leaves

inspiration, inspiration, inspiration..... This morning when I was getting ready for work, I saw this awesome advertisement for Liz Claiborne. I particularly liked the combination of the sky blue and chocolate chip, the muliple leaves, and that awesome brown and white striped pillow in the middle. I instantly saw the card that HAD to be made!! To make the card, I took some whisper white card stock and the small template from my Plaid Maker (which was purchased from Stampin' Up last year but I don't think it is being sold any longer). Using a sponge dauber, I sponged chocolate chip ink in vertical strips. I used a piece of that for the bottom of the card. This part represents that wonderful brown and white striped pillow in the middle of the Liz Claiborne ad! Next, I took a piece of Soft Sky and using the leaf stamp from Carte Postale, stamped with Soft Sky and Chocolate Chip ink all over in various directions. I used a piece of Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon knotted to transition the two pieces. See the way I cut the ribbon ends... I like to call that a "Kurtis cut". You see, Kurtis is an increadible card maker (krabearkub on SCS) and he often cuts his ribbon ends "straight" instead of the typical diagonal cut. Here is one card, here is another, and here is one last awesome card that Kurtis has in his gallery using this straight cut. I think it is so refreshing! To finish off the card, I put the card front on a chocolate chip card base (All supplies are Stampin' Up). I have not added a sentiment because, well, to be honest, I thought it looked so pretty, I didn't want to cover any of it up. As well, it is easier to add a sentiment at a later date if I decide to add one at all. Have you ever seen a great magazine add or something on a website that you used to create a card... feel free to leave a link in the comment section. I'd love to take a peek. Thanks for visiting.

No comments: