Thursday, November 22, 2007

Christmas Cards continued again

This is one of my favorite cards. It is super simple, but there are a few cool things going on with it.
First of all, I used my home-made cereal box template for embossing the circles on this card. I got the idea from Chris Smith on her blog called From My Inkpad to Yours. Here are her instructions. And here is a close up of the embossed circles:
I made the embossed circles, then used the template to mask off the card and stamped parts of the snowflakes in the circles. I added just a bit of dazzling diamonds with 2-way glue. The ribbon finishes it off nicely.
I've made many other types of these cereal box templates that you can see HERE, and HERE, HERE (which is also masked too), HERE, and HERE too (I told you I've made a lot).
(Supplies: cardstock-Soft Sky (SU), Ink-Buckaroo Blue (SU), Stamps-Snowflakes (SU) and Warmest Regards (SU), Accessories-Double Stitch Soft Sky Gosgrain (SU).)
Thanks for visiting!! That is it for Christmas cards, unless I end up making more. But I'm hoping to get them ready for mailing soon so you shouldn't have to worry!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a clever way to emboss! I was always afraid to start this technique because I didn't want to commit to another round of special tools, but I think I have a few cereal boxes available (or soon to be!).

Great card, and I really like how you used the technique on the other cards as well.

Rochelle W said...

Very pretty. I also love the ribbon.