Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Designer Paper challenge

Sharon, more commonly known as No Time to Stamp, posted a challenge on her blog today. The challenge - to use designer paper. Well, I have a ton of designer paper that I am really struggling to use. So, with my own challenge to use the materials I have "collected" in my craft room... I quickly ran to my designer paper shelf!!
I grabbed my most beautiful pad of K&Company called Classic K Bailey 12x12!! I've had this for at least 6 months... beautiful stuff, which is why I have yet to cut even one teeny tiny piece of it!! I looked for a sheet that had a Christmasy feel to it and sliced off a piece before I could stop myself :-)
The rest of Sharon's challenge was as follows "You are only allowed a sentiment stamp, NO OTHER STAMPED IMAGES ALLOWED!!! " so that made pulling the card together very easy!! A beautiful sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Holiday Wishes set in Brocade Blue and a Very Vanilly grograin ribbon and voila!! A beautiful card!! Oh, see that knot... how the ends are cut straight. I like to call that the Kurtis cut because he does a lot of his knots like that as opposed to the typical angle cut. I think it can have different effects, elegant like it looks on this card and rustic on some other cards I've made.
Go check out Sharon's amazing blog and try her challenge. Post a link in a comment so I can see your amazing work!!
Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness gracious!!! Your card is just breath-taking in it's simplicity -- though it does NOT look simple for a minute!!! That paper is to die for and your little sentiment panel with the scallops and ribbon is just so darling and perfect -- AN AMAZING PROJECT!!! So glad you played!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! That DP is art in itself and the sentiment is just enough to make the whole card stunning!

I need some quick cards and this is the perfect inspiration.

Godelieve said...

Love how soft this looks!