Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Home-made Velvet Flower

I was playing around with the Borders & Corners {circles} set from Papertrey! It is just soooo versatile!! I also had the left over velvet sitting on my craft desk from a previous project posted HERE. Looking at it, I thought that it would be perfect to make one of my home-made flowers (who needs a flower punch??!!). You can see my tutorial on this technique HERE. I also have been trying to use up "stuff" in my stash, and I saw these copper vellum tags and remembered I'd bought some copper brads -- they could go together!! Voila, here is the end result. It always amazes me when I reflect back on the "journey" of a card. Sometimes, the ingredients are instantly decided upon and other times, they slower come together after much trial and error. I hope you like the end result. If you decide to try one of these home-made flowers, please comment and leave a link so we can all see it!! Thanks for visiting.

No comments: