Friday, November 30, 2007

Inked-Up Christmas Tree

The Card Positioning System layout looked like a lot of fun!!
I had this silver metal Christmas tree that I bought last year (see, I am really trying to use up some of the stuff I've been collecting). I decided to try using my Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks on it to see what it would look like. I ended up liking it a lot. I used Lettuce, Meadow, and Latte.
The designer paper is from 3 Bugs In A Rug called French Country - Trellis. I didn't have any ribbon that would match my Christmas tree so I decided to try adding some of the Lettuce Alcohol Ink to a piece of yellow organdy and it turned out great as well!! Gotta love when that happens!
Other products used are: Very Vanilla, Real Red, Whisper White cardstock (SU), Very Vanilla craft ink (sponged around the edge of the white card base) and Basic Black ink (distressed edge of vanilla cs), corner rounder.
Thanks for dropping by for a visit. If you have experiemented with Alcohol Inks I'd love to see some inspiration!! Put a link in a comment!!
Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is darling, too!!! Love that shiny tree -- great card for the holidays!!!