Sunday, November 11, 2007

Mice and Butterflies

I like to make ATCs. They are so addictive that I just can't stop making them. I found the original swap using House Mouse stamps posted by jlazarski and participated in that swap. Well, Jessica is such a great hostess, I joined her second, third, and now her fourth swap -- all featuring House Mouse stamps! If you like making ATCs, love those cute little House Mouse stamps, and would like to join in the fun, you should check out Jessica's newest swap HERE.
Anyway, back to my card. Jessica and a bunch of the other talented ladies like to share great cards that are uploaded on the Splitcoaststampers site. And THIS awesome card made by SophieLaFontaine was shared a few days ago. I fell totally in love with it and new I'd have to case it (that means copy it!).
First, I took some shiny cardstock (I just use photo paper) and sponged on some summer sun and pumpkin pie. Then I stamped my butterfly from All Night Media in StazOn Black. I cut it out carefully using my hobby knife (getting those antenna was hard!). Next, I colored in this little House Mouse image that Jessica shared with me (thanks Jessica!) using my Prismacolor pencil crayons and then blended the colors with oderless thinner (called Gamsol Magic technique on SCS). I cut him out as well. Then, I set them on a white card base and decided where I would draw my "plate" where my sentiment would be stamped. I drew it in using my black SU marker and a ruler to help, but I didn't make it totally straight, I like the "hand drawn" look of it with a few bumps along the way. I added a second layer and the little dots. Then I used my watercolor crayons and a paint brush to color in the inside of the plate. Finally, I attached the butterfly and mouse on opposite ends.
You really should go check out Sophie's gallery... she has some amazing cards there, mine is dull in comparison but I think I am going to do some practice and see how it goes. I'd love to see some cards you have made by cutting out images. Please leave a link in a comment!!
Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you have done a good job, i think your idea to use photo paper was a great one.

Anonymous said...

Wiggy!! I just found this! I am SO honoured! I love how intricately cut your images are!! They are beautifully coloured as well!