Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Calendars

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Our furnice is not working and I've been stoking the fire the last few nights. As well, we are having a huge problem getting a replacement tire on my car. I'm just waiting to see what the third problem that will arise... as things always seem to happen in threes!!
Here is a project I've been trying to work on....at least I have a few done....
I decided I wanted to make little desk calendars for some friends. I started out printing off the little calendars using this site.
Then, I picked out the paper. I decided to make it all coordinate and I used this BasicGrey pack from K&Company.
I stamped the rounded square from the Boarders & Corners {square} set from Papertrey Ink with Close to Cocoa ink onto more of the Basic Grey paper. Then, I created a mask with a 3M sticky. That allowed me to stamp images inside the square. I used different images from my Year Around Fun 2 (Stampin' Up) set - so glad I got that set! I cut out these squares, and glued them onto the calendar pages. I then added the swirl from the Delight in Life set (Stampin' Up) also in Close to Cocoa.
On the front, I used some coordinating paper from the same Basic Grey pack. I adhered this to a coaster, sanded the edges, and then inked it up with my Close to Cocoa (boy, I love that color!!). I did the same with a second coaster for the back. I decided to keep the front pretty simple, just adding the year with some rub-on numbers from a wonderful set from EK Success.
I used my Zutter Bind-It-All to hold it all together. Here is the calendar opened and standing. I made it using 6 pages with Jan to June on the front sides and then turning the pages over July to Dec on the back sides.
This project came together quite quickly. I am hoping to make more and will show you them when I have them together!
Thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun idea! And I'm so jealous that you have a binding tool!

Kelly L said...

LOL--Ditto what Jessica said, and I love the Basic Grey pages you used. these are perfect. I was thinking of doing calendars too, but I think I am going to save time (and since I don't have a binding tool) put them all on 1 coaster with the calendar pages to be ripped off as they go through the months. Love yours, though! Great inspiration! Wishing you better luck and hoping you find a GREAT deal on that tire. Blessings, Kelly

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Love, love love this!! Love basic grey, love the design - terrific!

Chris (catt871) said...

WHOA Donelda!!! Those are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I wish I had a bind it all!!!!! What a great idea!!! LOVE THEM!!!!

Hey, check out my blog......it's new! :)

Kelly L said...

Hey, Donelda! Check out http://sisterhoodofthebloggingstampers.blogspot.com/

and join me!! We have a few ladies from Austraila, Germany, Puerto Rico, Malaysia . . . it's really something! :) LOL you are leaving a comment on my blog as I am here on yours (I just saw it pop up in my email).

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Love your bind it all calendar! Welcome to the sisterhood, I'm one of your sisters! I look forward to dropping by in the future.

Tammy said...

LOVE the paper you used on this project!! Look forward to seeing more of your projects:).

Your SBS4 sister,
Tammy