Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year Cards

I don't usually make New Year's cards but I was excited to use some things I found around the house this holiday season! You see, I love to find packaging and try to re-use it in cards. You can see another project HERE where my husband saved me a pretty chocolate box to use. I thought I'd try the "ribbon" challenge from Daring Cardmakers, one of the 4 dares they suggested for the end of the year. The two bottom cards are made using parts of our Christmas Crackers that we broke open before Christmas dinner. We had 2 kinds, the ones with the star bursts (left bottom) and ones with white and silver polka dots (bottom right). The card on the top used up a silver birthday invitation that my son got earlier in the year. It was such a pretty silver that he also used it to make his own ATCs. It was also used for the rivet stamp on the bottom right card. That card got a ton of milage!! and talk about good recycling! I don't know about you but I love organdy ribbon, and especially black organdy ribbon!! I find I use it all the time! As you can see, that is the ribbon I used to meet the Daring Cardmakers dare!! Well, I hope you all have a wonderful New Year celebration. I also wish you all the best in 2008!

11 comments:

Jackie said...

Those are wonderful! I love the black and white. And a Happy New Year to you as well!

Sandy said...

Wow they are so wonderful Card. Absolutely stunning.

I wish you a Happy New Year.

Unknown said...

LOVE YOUR NEW YEAR CARDS THEY LOOK STUNNING,THE COLOUR COMBO IS JUST PERFECT! HAPPY 2008!

Tracey said...

HI Donelda what a great idea using parts of your xmas crackers for cards very crafty :)

I love black organdy ribbon aswell especially if it has polka dots on it.

Happy New Year!

Tammy said...

How cute!! Love black and white together, a real classy look:).

Happy New Year!!
Tammy
SBS4s

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards and I love the recycling aspect. I've been saving an empty tissue box because of the strong graphic pattern -- time to put it to good use!

Marjorie said...

These are lovely!! I love that shine and the colors. Happy New Year!!

SueH said...

Great recycling and very fabby cards too.

Happy New Year.

Deb said...

These are beautiful how clever of you to recycle your crackers!
happy New Year!

Jane said...

Wow, what pretty cracker boxes you have! ;-)

These cards look great!

Jane
SBS4

Carolyn King said...

Love this set. Saw them on SCS---great gift!
Happy New Year!