Monday, February 18, 2008

Buttons and Flowers for a Birthday

It is my Mother In Law's birthday so I wanted to make an extra special Card for her. She loves to sew, so I always try to add buttons and such on her cards!! This card is quite simple in design. Some beautiful designer paper (It is K&Company - their paper is beautiful) sewn with my sewing machine starts it all off. Then I added the scallop with the sentiment and those cute little flowers from Papertrey Ink. Finished it all off with a big flower, some buttons, and a bit of ribbon!!

Supplies: Cardstock (Very Vanilla), Designer Paper (K&Co), Ink-Bordering Blue (SU), Stampes-Paper Trey and Borders and Corners {Square} (both Papertrey Ink), Accessories- Scallop punch (borrowed from Robin - thanks again Robin!!), various buttons, BazzillBasics flower, ribbon (Michaels), thread, sewing machine, dauber.

Thanks for visiting. Donelda

4 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Totally gorgeous -- all that I love in a card!!! Fabulous work!!!

CraftyC said...

Your MIL will love it, fab card!
Clairexx

Tammy said...

Beautiful!! Love the flourish being the main focal point. The buttons are a neat embellishment. I would never have thought to add buttons.......

Tammy
SBS4

Marjorie said...

This is simply lovely!! The paper is gorgeous and your buttons are such a fun pretty touch!