Sunday, February 24, 2008

Challenge and challenge

Well, I did these cards to meet 2 different challenges. One was Beate's weekend sketch challenge #36. It was a great sketch, just the style I love to do!
The other challenge was one that I made for myself. I have wanted to make a birthday "set" for a while. Well, and now that I think about it, I am consisitently trying to use the stuff I already have! And I've had this wonderful Basic Grey paper - Stella Ruby - for a very long time and need to start using it! So, I did!!
Here is a close up of the coloring. I did it using my Prisma pencil crayons and then blending them with a stump and odorless thinner. This is my very favorite way of coloring in images that are detailed! You can't go wrong, it looks beautiful every time!! At Splitcoaststampers, this technique is called Gamsol Magic (the name Gamsol is a brand name which some believe to be the best, however, I've had great luck with the brand I've bought from Michaels).
Thanks for dropping in for a visit!
Donelda

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

Jane said...

Your coloring looks wonderful!

Jane
SBS4

Tammy said...

Beautiful!!!!

Tammy
SBS4

Kelly L said...

Gorgeous colors, Donelda, and I LOVE the dp you used. :) Kel

Pat S. said...

Oh, these are beautiful! I love Stella Ruby, and I just pulled out that stamp set to try your Au Chocolat Bunny. I'll have to try the Stella Ruby too :)

Unknown said...

OHHHH AWESOME CARDS FOR THE CHALLENGES DONELDA, I JUST LOVE STELLA RUBY PAPER!

Anonymous said...

Great use of DP, Donelda! My favorite is the bunny card -- he looks like he's hiding under a rose bush.

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!