Friday, February 1, 2008

Staples, staples...everywhere there's staples!

I had so much fun with Julia's Ways to Use It challenge 151 that I actually made 2 cards. This one I made using a designer staple. I don't own one of the fancy fastners, just the staples!! it is really no problem to use them, just some bending of metal!!
I made that oval piece of designer paper using some Papertrey Ink stamps. Faux Ribbon for the stripes and one of the tiny images from Borders & Corners {square}. It took a bit of time and is not perfect but I think it looks pretty good. I'm also loving this color combo!!
My second card uses regular staples. I decided to try using up some of my scrap ribbon -- I'm gathering quite a bit. Love this cat image. He is just to INTENSE!!!Well, there you go...some ways to use staples!! Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donelda, I LOVE that cat image -- hilarious. And your layout is perfect for showcasing it.

The personalized DP is such a great idea, so you can design your own pattern and color combo. What a nice touch!

Anonymous said...

Donelda, great job on both cards! And if you hadn't said you made the dp, I would have asked the maker--it's great! I've been pretty intimidated by trying that, but you inspire me to give it a go!

Chris (catt871) said...

WOWZERS!!! Very nice cards my friend!!!! The DP is fantastic!!!!

KellyS said...

Very nice cards! I love the personalized DP and the designer staple! :)

Alley said...

Nice job on these cards. I like the way you've used your staples! :)

Lorraine said...

great cards. great way to use staples

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Love them both!

Kelly L said...

I never thought to use those staples w/o the stapler. I see them at AC Moore and just love the detail in that little strip of metal.

That fat cat is just too dang cute! He is definitely full of personality.