Wednesday, April 2, 2008

House Mouse Mail

My friend Jessica is running her 5th House Mouse swap and I definately had to play. You see, Jessica is one of the best hostesses ever!! and the swaps I get back are AMAZING every time. She just brings out the best in us all! So this time, she ran a card or an ATC swap but I am stuck on making House Mouse ATCs so I decided to stick with a good thing.
I decided I wanted to incorporate a "home made" stamp using an image from one of my previous House Mouse ATCs that you can see HERE. There is this really cool web site that allows you to frame your images and one of the frames is to make it into a postage stamp. I've done THIS card with the same web site.
So I decided to make a the stamp and place it on an envelope for my little mouse to be recieving. But then, I needed him to 'be somewhere'. So, I decided to use the faux wood technique to make him on a wooden floor. I tell you, when I first saw some cards with this technique it looked hard...but it is so very easy!! You should definately try it if you haven't already!! I made another card for Chris' barn yard swap using the same technique (this link will be provided when I get the card loaded into my gallery-thanks for being patient). The little mouse is colored with prismas and odorless paint thinner (my fav way to color in these guys).
I sure hope everyone likes him! It was a fun ATC to make!
Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! That stamp is just perfect -- what a fun idea to use a previous ATC on it. And the wood floor looks so realistic! Another awesome ATC, Donelda!!

Deb said...

jYour card is amazing, I love your little stamp and that wooden floor is fabulous. I so want to try that technique, thanks for the inspiration

Ying Pang, said...

your card is very cute, I love it.

Kelly L said...

Oh my word, Donelda! Your ATCs are ALWAYS amazing, but this one is too, too cute. The wood floor is perfect, and the cute little stamp of your previous ATC -- oh my goodness, it is WAY OVER THE TOP! You are so creative. I need some of that to rub off on me to try new things. Okay, that's it. I am trying the faux wood technique SOON! Even the detail in the molding in the bg, wow, girl! You think of all the little details. :) Kel

Unknown said...

THE FAUX WOOD TECHNIQUE YOU USED IS AMAZING,THE IMAGE IS ADORABLE,WHAT A PERFECT CARD YOU HAVE CREATED DONELDA!

AmethystCat said...

that is awesome, Donelda! I've never heard of that technique so will have to see if I can re-create it. Your card is fantastic!

Tracey said...

Your ATC is so cute. you are very clever making the wood floor the whole card looks fantstic :)

Suzanne @ Day to Day said...

This is too cute! You did an awesome job with this ATC.

Jane said...

OMG, that is amazing! Love everything about it. Amazing detail for an ATC card!

Jane
SBS4

Chris (catt871) said...

TOOOO FREAKIN' CUTE!!!!!!! I love it all!!!! GREAT job!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! Wiggy strikes again!! This is so amazing!!