Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Olive with a Black Accent


I love the color Old Olive! It will always be one of my favorite greens (althought Wild Wasabi is a close second). So I decided to make it the main color for this card!!

I took the small leaf shape stamp from my new Papertrey Ink limited edition set called Simple Little Things and made some background paper with it. You see, because it is a leaf, I could stamp one direction for one row and then turn the stamp around and it fits in nicely! I love the effect!!

I actually used one of my Maya Road velvet flowers! These flowers are so increadibly beautiful that I have a hard time actually using them (I'm such a hoarder -- trying to work on that!). I added a Making Memories circle brad to the center and some green hemp for "leaves.

I found out today that I have a package sitting at the post office which I can pick up tomorrow. I believe that it is my Papertrey Ink order for this month, here in record time!! I can't wait! I'll be busy tomorrow night so expect some new projects with some new stamps!

Supplies: Paper-Old Olive, Whisper White, Basic Black (all SU!); Stamps-Simple Little Things (Papertrey Ink); Ink-Old Olive, Basic Black (SU!); Accessories-black velvet flower (Maya Road), brad (Making Memories), colored hemp (unknown).

Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

9 comments:

One Creative Life said...

Love this card too! I love that you have such a busy pattern, but you balanced it well with the white space at the top of the card. Love the color too. Great Job!!~Erica

mommaladystamper said...

I love this card. It is so elegant wih the old olive and black. The black flower really sets it off. Beautiful Card. Alice

Deanna said...

Wow, very nice! Definitely the right time to use that beautiful flower! :)

Joy Jenkins said...

I really, really love this card!! (I'm a green fancier too.)

Anonymous said...

Green is my favorite color ever! Your card is so beautiful!

Sparkle

Acie said...

I gotyour like from PTIblog. Cute cards!!! :D

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

I'm with you on the Old olive. Love the card, love it with the black.

Deb said...

~So pretty, really gorgeous Donelda, this is my favourite green at the moment!

Kimberly Crawford said...

WOW! Gorgeous!! I love that color too!!