Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day cards


I made a number of Mother's Day cards for some co-workers.

For this one, I wanted to use the new Sweet Blush Twill from Papertrey Ink that I have recently bought. The only problem is that I have none of the paper or ink to match it so I had to be creative!! I decided to match it with black and kraft, always a winning combination. The card is very straight forward. I used the square swirl stamp from the Wedding Day stamp set created by Alli Miles for Papertrey Ink. The sentiment comes from another recently released stamp set by Candice (Madra Designs) called Pond Life.

Supplies: Cardstock-Kraft, Black (both Stampin' Up); Ink-Basic Black (SU!), White Pigment (Rubber Stampede); Stamps-Wedding Day, Pond Life (Papertrey Ink); Other-Pink Twill (Papertrey Ink).



This next card also uses stamps from Wedding Day. I took the two swirly stamps and put them together on an acrylic block. Then stamped randomly on the white cardstock. using Lavender Lace. I matted that onto black and then put it on a Lavender Lace card base. The decorative circle is also stamped in Lavender Lace and cut using my coluzzle (what would I do without it!) and then matted on a hand cut piece of black cardstock. Teh Mother's day sentiment is stamped with basic black and added the organdy ribbon.


Supplies: Cardstock-Whisper White, Lavender Lace, Basic Black (all Stampin' Up!); Stamps-Wedding Day, Pond Life (both Papertrey Ink); Ink-Basic Black, Lavender Lace (both SU!); other-organdy ribbon, coluzzle (both SU!).









My last card features a new beautiful wheel stamp from Stampin' Up called Forever Flowers. Isn't it lovely!! I wheeled it onto white cardstock using black ink. Then, with a watercolor brush, I colored in the flowers and leaves with River Rock ink. Matted this on a piece of black cardstock and then scalloped the bottom edge. Along the bottom of the strip of white cardstock, I added a strip of river rock double stitched ribbon. For interest, I added a small metal buckle from Making Memories. I finished off the card with the mother's day sentiment like the others.



Supplies: Cardstock-River Rock,Basic Black, Whisper White (all Stampin' Up!); Ink-Basic Black, River Rock (both SU!); Stamps-Forever Flowers wheel (SU!), Pond Life (Papertrey Ink); Other-ribbon (SU!), buckle (Making Memories), scallop scissors (Provo Craft), watercolor brush.

Well, I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I know that I cetainly did :-)

Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

5 comments:

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Wow ... these are stunning. I love the colour schemes and they all look so elegant. Just wow!

Unknown said...

ALL YOUR MOTHER'S DAY CARDS ARE STUNNING!

Anonymous said...

These are very pretty. Any mother would love to receive them for her special day.

Alyssa S said...

I love the simplicity of all these cards! Just beautiful :) thanks for the suggestion to upload my card pics bigger. I hadn't realized how small they all were!

Alli Miles said...

Fab cards! I like the variety and softness/elegance of them.