Monday, June 30, 2008

Knotty Card


I made this card for a SCS challenge. We were asked to use knots on our cards. Lots of stampers knotted their ribbon which I never even though of, sheesh!! When I read the challenge, I knew I wanted to do somethingg with french knots.
I stamped the Maya Road flower with a craft ink and then used clear embossing powder. I then layered my elements and decided where I would pierce the many holes for the french knots. I used DCM floss in yellow, green and brown. The brad is a Build a Brad from Stampin' Up. I stamped more polka dots on vanilla for the top of the brad. The dots on the edges are hand drawn with a black marker.
I see my counter is increasing...and I have blog candy waiting...but I'll be away for a few weeks on holiday so I'll be missing in action for a few weeks. I'll see you as soon as I am home =)
Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

9 comments:

Kelly L said...

I never thought knots could look so good. Great job. Very interesting look! Have a great time on vacation. :) Kel

Tammy said...

Beautiful!! I have never thought of doing the "knot thing" either.

Tammy
SBS4

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Wow, what a heap of work in this. Love it.

Lorraine said...

Wow, great card. that must have taken you a long time! OMG! so worth it. the outcome is stunning.

Anonymous said...

Wow! French knots are hard to do on cloth. Can't imagine how hard to do on paper. Lovely card.

Rika said...

Pretty card!

AmethystCat said...

oh my gosh - your french knots are great! I can't tie a french knot to save my life! :) I'm in awe. cute card!

Jane said...

Great idea for using "knots". I would have never thought of it.

Jane
SBS4

scrappernic said...

Very pretty! I love how you used the knots and the vellum-absolutely gorgeous!