Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Christmas in July!!


First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who left me a get better message. You guys are all soooo sweet!! I'm still hacking but feeling a bit better today! Also, I just want to warn you all that I am going to clean out and paint my craft room (YIKES). It should be okay, I've got a bunch of cards photographed and ready to upload so I should be able to do some posting while my room is out of order!! :-) just no stamping for a few days!!

Now, on to today's card..............................

What??? It isn't Christmas, yet!! But if you look on Sharon Johnson's blog No Time To Stamp? she has posted a challenge to make a Christmas card!!! So that is what I did.

Now, most of my cards and stuff I feel are pretty much okay, nothing spectacular. But this card...I've gotta tell you I am totally in LOVE with this card. I'm sure it is not everyone's style but for some reason, it does it for me!! (man, I sound like Jan Tink with her "I love myself" and all -- she's a hoot by the way...you have to check out her blog if you haven't been there before!! I love her sense of humour and her cards and projects are simply amazing!!!)

That main panel, started out as plain white!! I think that might be why it appeals to me so much. That I was able to take a plain white piece of cardstock and make a masterpiece out of it (or at least in my eyes that is what it looks like).

It was pretty easy, lots of layers and a little distressing was all it took.

Supplies: Stamps - Polka Dot Basics, Out on a LImb, Mixed Messages (all Papertrey Ink), Script (retired SU!); Ink - Basic Black, Old Olive, Cranberry Crisp, Close to Cocoa, River Rock (all Stampin' Up!); Paper-Whisper White, Cranberry Crisp (Stampin' Up); Other - crochet flower (Bazzill), ribbon (Walmart), silver brad (Stampin' Up!), Cuttlebug die, dauber (SU!).

Thanks for visiting my blog! See you again soon.
Donelda

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Yummy card!!!

Tammy
SBS4

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

OH, I can see why you love this card because I do too!!! It is gorgeous -- fun paper, great colors, love the rounded corners, sentiment -- wonderful job!!! I am so glad you played!!! Thanks!!!

AmethystCat said...

glad you're better, good luck painting and you should celebrate yourself because your card is fabulous!!!

Kelly L said...

It is beautiful, Donelda. I really like the feel of this card, too. I understand that feeling of accomplishment. I think that is why I enjoyed making OSWs, too. You start out with a plain sheet and it looks TERRIFIC when you are done. Beautiful

Anonymous said...

Oh I like the look of this card. And the colours make it click.

Glad you are feeling better and on top of things. Good luck with the painting!

:)Marcia
SBS4