Thursday, July 24, 2008

Color Inspiration Challenge #17


Today I got to play in my stamp room to my husbands dismay. He is out weeding the garden. I should be there too! I am heading out as soon as I add this blog entry!

I saw that today was the last day to enter Kristina's Color Inspiration Challenge #17. Although I had mentioned to her that she should give her reader's challenges when she held a live blog chat, I have yet to be able to participate until today!! Her color choice was interesting. Certainly not colors I would reach for naturally but that is the point...right...a challenge :-)

I knew I did not want the base of my card to be white. So I played around with the other colors for a while. I discovered that I had this awesome K&Co. houndstooth patterned paper that matched the Sage Shadow color perfectly so I went from there. I found it difficult to blend the red and pink in but decided to use buttons to represent the Red Rose color. When it was pulled together, the scalloped pink looked to plain for the "fancyness" of the rest of the card so I used my white gel pen to make some fancy doodles. Not so sure I like them now that it is done but I think it looks better than it did.

Don't forget to enter my Blog Candy draw. I draw for it tonight at 10:00!!

Supplies : Paper-Sage Shadow, Regal Rose (Stampin' Up), houndstooth designer paper (K&Co.); Stamps-Father Knows Best (Papertrey Ink); Ink-Versamark; Other-scallop scissors (Provo Craft), white embossing powder (Stampin' Up), white gel pen (Signo), thread (DCM), white button (Hero Arts), other buttons (unknown), white ribbon (Wrights).

Thanks for visiting. Donelda

4 comments:

Becky said...

Very pretty! I love your card! TFS!

Kelly L said...

I love the lace and soft colors on this card. GREAT job, Donelda. Very pretty.

Anonymous said...

The inspiration image was a soft and sweet and you have captured that in your card. Lovely card Donelda.TFS.

Shawntel said...

Love the lace and buttons!