Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Last Chance for BLOG CANDY and Butterflies!


Don't forget to leave a comment on THIS POST telling me what you would like to see more of on my blog and I'll enter you to win the huge pile of Blog Candy! It's in celebration of making it over 20,000 hits!! WOW. Trust me, you want that Tim Holtz ruler!!

Now my butterfly card. This is one of my favorite layouts and one of my favorite sets from Stampin' Up. I have no idea if it is retired...probably as I know it's been on my wish list for a few years now. I saw it a very long time ago on THIS CARD by Kristina way back in September 2006 (Star of May on SCS). Kristina also has one of the best BLOGS ever. You must go check it out!! I finally ordered the set but believe it or not, this is the one and only card I've made with it. This is the reason I'm on a spending freeze ... I have to start using the awesome items I own and stop buying more!!

Anyway, back to the card. I love this layout!! You can make some awesome Clean and Simple cards with it, or you can really dress it up and make a multi-layered card with it too! Talking about Clean and Simple reminds me of THIS NEW BLOG by Natasha who also has THIS BLOG (another one of my favorites!). Her new blog features Clean and Simple design ideas and principles! She and the other girls on this new blog are great and I'm leanrning a lot!!

Anyway, back to my card (boy am I ever chatty today!). The card is pretty straight forward. A great way to use up a few scraps of cardstock and ribbon! See those staples...I almost never use staples on my cards but it just felt like the right embellishment on this card! :-) As well, you'll note that the sentiment which reads "Happy Birthday" is NOT in black but in the orchid color. For some reason, I always feel like the sentiment has to be black...but Nichole Heady is always using the colors of her cards for her sentiments so I had decided to try it on this card. It's good for me to get out of my creative box!!

Supplies: Paper-whisper white, tempting turquoise, orchid opulance, pink passion (all SU!); Ink-tempting turquoise, orchid opulance, pink passion (all SU!); Stamps-All through the year (SU!), Father Knows Best (Papertrey Ink); Other - Dazzling Diamonds (SU!), Staples (unknown), various ribbon (Making Memories), dimensionals.

Well, don't forget to go back to the original post and leave me a comment so you can be in the draw to win some blog candy!! Thanks for visiting!!

Donelda

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

Very cute!! I love the simple clean look :D Well, I love all the looks, lol, but this is wonderful!! The colors you picked are so fresh and vibrant! And butterflies!!! Need I say more :D

Anonymous said...

Love the colours in this card Donelda, very pretty.

:) Marcia
SBS4

AmethystCat said...

love, love, love this card! very pretty!