Thursday, August 7, 2008

3 Dimensional Card

I have recently found a new blog that I have been enjoying! It is by Kim Teasdale called Paper in the Works. She makes the most beautiful cards in 3D -- you know, where you stamp and color multiple copies of the same image and then cut out just pieces and layer them using dimensionals. (Edited to add - Thanks to Marcia who reminded me that this technique is actually called paper toile!!) You can see HERE one of her great cards, and HERE is another one! They are simply amazing, arn't they??!!



Well, I decided to try it out for myself and -- wow, is it ever a lot of work!! I am in more awe than ever at Kim's talent!!



This card uses part of my hostess stamp set called A Little Bit of Happiness. I knew this would be the hostess set I got because I could see so much potential! However, this is only my 2nd card using it...man, I have to get stamping!! :-)

Anyway, I stamped just the flower strip of images twice using my StazOn black ink. Then, I used my ink pads and a watercolor brush to color in the various flowers. My favorite is the one the the far right! So cute!! I think I'll make a bunch of 3x3's using just that little image...wouldn't they be cute!! Anyway, I colored in all the images, cut out bits and pieces, mounted them on top with small pieces of dimensionals. I realize that it is a bit hard to see the layering... I should have taken a picture of it but I didn't. If you click on the picture to make it bigger, you can see it a bit better!



The rest of the card is straight forward. I used my Polka Dot Basics with Versamark for the background. I added a small sentiment "friend" so that my card says...."hello, friend". Just a bit of small scallops along the bottom edge.



Supplies: Stamps - A Little Bit of Happiness (Stampin' Up!), Polka Dot Basics, Mixed Messages (both Papertrey Ink); Paper - Pale Plum, Whisper White (Stampin' Up); Watercolor paper (unknown); Ink - Lavender Lace, Summer Sun, Cameo Coral, Old Olive, (all Stampin' Up), Jet Black (StazOn), Versamark; Other - small scallop scissors (Provo Craft), watercolor paint brush, a pair of really good scissors that makes all that cutting a little bit easier (Stampin' Up!).

A clean and simple card (to look at, all that cutting was far from simple!!). Thanks for dropping in!

Donelda

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donelda, I love the simplicity of this card - although not that simple by the time you cut all those little pieces out. I love paper tole cards and this is a great one. Thanks for sharing the blog, will keep her in my favourites.

:) Marcia
SBS4

Susan Raihala said...

I love your card and that 3D look, but I do not love doing for myself all the work that goes into it, LOL! Just lazy, I guess. But your hard work paid off here...and your coloring is lovely, too.

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely card!

(And thanks for stopping by my blog!)

Stamp Your Art Out said...

Your card is absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card and your watercoloring is just amazing !!! :)