Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Simple Cards - Cowboys, Grasshoppers, and Frogs

Sometimes it is nice to just make some simple cards to build my stash up! I love this one with the cowbow boot charm! That is some jute that my friend Carol gave me! The birthday sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and the word "cowboy" is made with my little letters that I bought at the Dollar Store! I love this striped paper from Scenic Route. It is so bright and cheery - perfect for a birthday card. This little grasshopper and sentiment is from the Green Thumb stamp set by Papertrey Ink. It is one of my all time favorite sets!! See the square, it is "embossed" just like the fancy embossing that you get with Nestabilities ... but I dont' have any yet (shhhh, they are hiding for a Christmas present ... but I'd love to sneak them out and use them a bit). This is "faux Nestabilities". I used a square made from light cardboard (think cereal box) and sticking it and my vanilla square up to the window, I traced around the smaller square to make the embossed edge to the image panel. You can click on the image for a larger picture that will show this detail. The scallop square is one that I punched using my friend Robin's punch last summer (Hi and thanks again Robin!!). And my final Clean and Simple card...this cute little frog. This guy, and his sentiment comes from the Pond Life set by Papertrey Ink. I really love how he has some spots on his back. I did the same embossing technique on this vanilla square of cardstock and then, using a couple of Post It Notes, I masked off the edge and stamped the frog. I love how it turned out!! This paper comes from an awsome 12" x 12" pad of K&Co. paper, one of my favorite paper lines. See, great cards don't have to be complicated. Thanks for dropping in! Donelda

3 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Thanks for posting these simple but perfect cards. They are just what I needed to see...how'd you know? LOL. I've been beating myself up for days trying to make some Christmas cards with those gorgeous new BG Wassail papers and hatin' the results (mixin'and matchin' are just beyond my simple little brain, LOL!). I'm going to take this simpler approach, and I bet I am much happier with the results.

BTW I LOVE what you did with the frog. He's one of my fave PTI stamps EVER!

Jessica G. said...

Love the frog card, Donelda!

Unknown said...

Love 'em all. You are the master of simplicity. Ty for sharing and showing what that you can create beautiful cards with a few supplies. Well done!
lablady2007@juno.com