Friday, September 12, 2008

Celebrate the Season

Okay, so I am going to start my Christmas cards soon!! I really like this idea so I might make a few of these to send out! I don't like to mass produce cards with 4 or 5 of the same card being the most I can tolerate! You might not be able to see it clearly but there is some soft snow falling all around this little fellow on his branch. As well, there is a clear snowflake beside the sentiment! And some subtle sponging around the blue cardstock. Supplies - Paper - Close to Cocoa, Soft Sky (SU!); Stamps - Take a Bough (Papertrey Ink), Of a Feather (Memory Box), Snowflakes (Stampin' Up!); Ink - Handsome Hunter, Close to cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White craft (all Stampin' Up!)' Other - Snowflake (unknown), corner rounder. Thanks for visiting! Donelda

6 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Donelda, this card is gorgeous! I am not buying that bird, I am not buying that bird, I am not buying that bird.... Gosh, he's fab! I so hear you about the loathing of mass production. Some cards I make 4-5 of, and I'm so done, no matter how much I love them, LOL! But I make over 200 Christmas cards every year. Whew.

Unknown said...

This is one of those lovely soft quiet cards that have a beautiful peaceful 'atmosphere' - know what I mean - It says everything without being in your face. Absolutely stunning.

Kelly L said...

I hear ya on the mass production thig, too. I really love creating my Christmas cards at 10 per month by doing the Christmas Card Challenge on SCS, but making 10 of the same card does seem boring. I usually spice it up with just 2 or 3 of the same card and still create 10 for the month. That way I will have a bigger selection in November when I get my cards all ready to mail. :) Kel

Deb said...

beautiful christmas card, the stamp is fabulous, love it. I have never mass produced, did a set of wedding invites last year and couldnt bear them, don't do them anymore! I am planning on making about 40 of the same card this year though as last year was tough making about 100 different cards.

Debbie Olson said...

Soft, serene, and absolutely lovely!

Chris (catt871) said...

Gorgeous!!! I might have to case this card!!! LOL