Sunday, September 7, 2008

Chris' Scrap Card #1

A few posts ago, I shared how I had made some cards from some pieces I found in my "scrap bin" - the place I save bits and pieces of background, images, etc. that didn't make it to a card. In addition to this, I was enjoying Kristina Werner and her roomate switching scraps with each other and trying to make cards from them. I decided to see if anyone out there was willing to switch crap, oops, I mean scrap pieces with me. Well, Chris said "yes". Here are the pieces she sent me!! She was very kind on our first swap as I could easily see how these could go together.
And here is the card I ended up making with the scraps!! I really liked the pink piece so I decided I wanted to go with a soft and subtle card....but that strip of bright papers was going to be difficult to mix in. So, I covered it with a piece of vellum which softened the colors and made them more workable with my soft and subtle idea!! I've owned this stamp set, Green Thumb, from Papertrey Ink for a very long time but can you believe this is the FIRST TIME I've ever used the watering can!! I really need to stop buying new stamps and just use what I already have....well, maybe after the 15th I'll stop buying new stamps :-) Anyway, I stamped the watering can and then made a mask. Then I stamped the various flowers, stems, leaves, and flower centers. I took a watercolor brush, some water, and a bit of ink to make a shadow under the can -- you can just make it out in the picture. I really liked it much better once I did that. Then I cut the focal image out and matted it with the lighter purple piece of scrap from Chris. Then, I scalloped the edge of the pink scrap as well as the multi- colored scrap. I added them to a piece of Lovely Lilac cardstock. Finally, I stamped the sentiment on white with Lovely Lilac ink, matted it on a piece of the pink paper and attached it! Thanks Chris for playing along! Here is what Chris made with the crap, oops, that is scrap that I sent her :-) LOL Thanks for visiting. Donelda

5 comments:

Juanita said...

Looks great, can't wait to see what you do with my leftovers!

Chris (catt871) said...

GORGEOUS!!!! I love how you muted the bright paper with the vellum...smarty pants!!! LOL I LOVE how you tied it all together & the layout is awesome!!!

I am sending you new crap tomorrow (thought I could do it last night but I got distracted....lol)

Anonymous said...

I have this set and don't use it nearly as often as I should, either! Great idea to soften the cardstock with a vellum overlay -- I'll definitely try that technique to maximize cardstock versatility!

Tammy said...

Beautiful!!

Tammy
SBS4

AmethystCat said...

love your crap, I mean scrap card! what a fun challenge. love, love, love the watering can image - you colored it beautifully!