Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Juanita's Scrap Card #1

So here is another SCRAP CARD!! This time, it was Juanita from Saskatchewan who sent me some of her crap....oops, I mean some of her scraps in exchange for some of my scraps!!
Here is a picture of the stuff she sent. Some Elegant Eggplant cardstock, some awesome white fabric paper with all those gold stars and swishes on it, and a cute little shrink plastic piece which had a butterfly and some little bugs on it! While it was cute, it was the piece that made me work the hardest. I find that lately I am a "stamps and paper" kind of girl so adding that embellishment was quite a bit difficult.
But I kept at it, trying multiple styles and techniques...until I came up with..........................
This great card. I am always so amazed at how you can make great cards from bits and pieces. Trust me, I've been doing it a lot lately!
I folded the Eggplant cardstock to make a 4 1/4" square card base. Then I added some white cardstock behind the yummy white fabric paper. By doing this it made the paper more opaque (without doing this the purple showed through a bit making it look drab). Then, I wanted to use my little embellishment. I had to add something behind it so it wouldn't get lost in the busy white paper, so I punched out a 1" circle in Perfect Plum. Next, I used a template to create a little banner floating behind my butterfly. The sentiment is actually a straight one from Papertrey Ink, but one of the benefits of acrylic stamps is that they are "bendable" so I bent it to fit into my little banner!! Finished the card off with a bit of organdy ribbon. Voila, a great scrap card!!
Thanks Juanita for sending me some of your crap....drat, I keep doing that...I mean thanks for sending me some of your scraps!! Drop on over and see what Juanita made with the scraps I sent her. I hope you'd like to play again Juanita ~ just let me know and I'll mail you off some more stuff to play with!!
Supplies: scraps from Juanita :-) hahaha!!, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Whisper White cardstock (all Stampin' Up!), Simple Little Things stamp set (Papertrey Ink), organdy ribbon (unknown), 1" circle punch.
Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

3 comments:

Deanna said...

So fun and you did an awesome job... I am so doing this!

Juanita said...

I never was sure what to do with that shrink plastic butterfly! This is so much more beautiful than I could have imagined! I will gladly play along again.

Chris (catt871) said...

STUNNING!!!! I could give you an old box and a used tissue and you could make something gorgeous with it!!! (hmmm, good idea for next round!!! LOL) Seriously, it is beautiful!!!