Friday, September 5, 2008

Orange Coffee Cards!!

Of all the challenges offered on Splitcoaststampers, I think I enjoy Friday's Limited Supply Challenges best!! I tend to be a bit of a "less is more" gal when I make cards anyway with few layers and very few embellishments. So the challenges are usually right up my alley!!
Today the Limited Supply Challenge #184, posted by Stampinsylvia, was to use a coffee image and the color orange!! Wow, now that is an interesting challenge. How could I not try it??!!

I only own one coffee image, this coffee cup from the retired Stampin' Up set called Sketch An
Event. I use this set a lot and this specific coffee cup stamp quite often!
And this orange paper I've had for a long time. It came in a 8x8 package of die cut letters, numbers and papers -- all orange. I've tried to use it but never think to grab it! However, I thought of it instantly when the challenge asked to use the color orange!
Supplies: Paper-Chocolate Chip, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!), orange designer paper (unknown); Stamps-Sketch an Event, Delight in Life (Stampin' Up!), Simple Little Things, Beautiful Blooms (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Black (Archivers), Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Bayou Blue, Whisper White craft (all Stampin' Up!); Other-Chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon (SU!), watercolor brush, 1 1/4" square punch, brads, coluzzle, corner rounder.
Thanks for visiting!
Donelda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card, Donelda! I never would have thought to use the orange on a coffee card, but it's a very striking combination.

Kelly L said...

I love the orange and brown color combo with the coffee stamp. Looks great! I would have never thought to use them together, either, but they really create a warm feel to your card creations.

Unknown said...

AS ALWAYS DONELDA YOUR CARDS ARE STUNNING, I JUST LOVE THE BROWN & ORANGE COLOUR COMBO!

Deanna said...

Love how u colored the coffee! Orange and brown together... awesome!