Thursday, October 2, 2008

Chris' Scrap Card #3

I did it again!! I forgot to take pictures of the wonderful crap....oops, I mean scraps that Chris sent me! So I'll describe them. It was that bright and colorful plaid piece of designer paper, the yellow piece of designer paper (only it did not have the polka dots when it arrived), a piece of designer paper that had various sized dots on it with smaller polka dots around some of those bigger dots, and that little flower shaped brad (only it was a bright yellow to start!).
So, what did I do, well I started out by making the curved edge to the card. Then I cut some white cardstock with my small scallop scissors for the edge. Then, I stamped the polka dots onto the yellow paper and adhered it inside the card. Next, I punched out 2 of the circles surrounded by smaller dots and a third circle out of this paper too. I covered the flower brad with white embossing powder (the yellow just didn't match the rest of the softer colors in the papers) and added some light blue organdy ribbon behind the brad and pushed it through the third punched circle. Then, I put it all together onto the card base. I used one of my sentiments from the anniversary set given out by Papertrey Ink, bent it a bit to fit the curve and stamped it with Versamark ink. Finally I embossed that with white embossing powder.
Again, that was 4 pieces but I did manage to pull it together and, while it is a very busy card, I certainly do like the edge and how the plaid and polka dots pull together. I think I will definately be using that card edge again!!
Thanks for playing Chris!! Go to her blog to see her latest creation using the crap, I mean scraps that I sent her!!
Supplies: In addition to the scraps sent to me by Chris; Paper-Bashful Blue, Whisper White (SU!); Ink-Versamark; Stamps-Simple Little Things, Polka Dot Basics (Papertrey Ink); Other-blue organdy ribbon, 1 1/4" and 1" circle punch.
Thanks for dropping in!
Donelda

5 comments:

Juanita said...

Is changing the color of the scraps allowed?!
I really like what you did here.

Donelda said...

Of course you can change the color of the scraps....the only rule is that you have to use them in some way!! Gotta think outside the box!!! :-) LOL

Jessica G. said...

Fun card -- I think it would be perfect for one of my DD's friends! Great job rising to the (s)crap challenge!

Kelly L said...

Wow, great job with this one too, Donelda. Looks like it was pretty challenging, but you pulled it off beautifully. I love the curvy part, too. :) Kel

Chris (catt871) said...

Great job!!! You are so clever!!!!! :)