Monday, October 13, 2008

Juanita's Scrap Card

You can read HERE to find out about my Scrap Card game!! I think Juanita enjoys this game as much as I do. We swapped scraps and here is the card I made with what she sent me. I, again, forgot to take a picture of what she sent me. It was a pice of So Saffron cardstock, a few strips of Ruby Red cardstock and that cute little star with the metal rim on it! I loved that little embellishment so I wanted to build the card around it!
Since the star has little dots all around it, I decided to use the circle of dots to go around the little metal tag. It fit perfectly - gotta love when that happens. I was going to add more of the circle stamp over the So Saffron paper but I thought it would detract from the star tag, which I wanted to be the focal point of the card. So I decided to leave the card plain. I added the little strips of red across the bottom and then stamped the sentement on them.
I am going to give this card to my son. He and a few of his friends decided to enter the town's Scarecrow Event and were so excited when they got the 2nd place ribbon for Most Creative!!
Supplies: Juanita's scraps, Stamps-Borders & Corners, Limitless Labels (Papertrey Ink), Ink - Not Quite Navy (Stampin' Up!).
Well, thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Juanita said...

Wow. I could not get that tag to work on the original project, I am so glad you could turn it into something so awsome.
Congrats to your son & his buddies on the 2nd place win.

Deanna said...

Super cute card and great minds think a like! :)