Thursday, October 23, 2008

Kitty Card

Made this for my friend's birthday (Hi Trudy if you are visiting!). We both love cats so I know it will bring a smile to her face.
Traced the one and only cat die cut from the Martha Stewart pack of chipboard die cuts that I got at Michaels. What's that all about...there were 3 goats in there but only 1 cat!!
I followed Mary K's Casual Mid-Week Challenge over on the Papertrey Ink threads where she had a color combo for us to use -- Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Poppy Red, and Aqua Mist! I had already covered the cat with the red paper so I knew I would be able to make this color combo work!!
Supplies: Paper-Kraft, Chocloate Chip (Stampin' Up!), Aqua Mist (Papertrey Ink), red (maybe Bazzill), designer paper (old stuff from my scrap bin); Ink - Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla craft, Close To Cocoa (all SU!); Stamps-Faux Ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Other - Chipboard Animals used as a template (Martha Stewart - I got them at Michaels), scallop scissors (Provo Craft), coluzzle (what would I do without it??!!), hobby knife, sponge.
Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the card. The kitty image is clever and the colors super.

Jessica G. said...

Love the DP cat! I really like your fun colors against the kraft paper -- they really pop.

Trish D said...

This is absolutely adorable! I really like the strips of paper along the bottom