Sunday, October 26, 2008

Loonie Stamper Challenge #10 and #11 - Owl Tags

I guess I've been extra busy these last few weeks. I know this because I try to do the Loonie Stamper Challenges withthe girls over at Papertrey Ink, but I didn't get last week's challenge finished and looked and saw that this week's colors were posted already! Sheesh!!
So, in order to catch up, I decided to try doing the two challenges at the same time. I needed a few gift tags and I've been really "into" circles lately so I decided to make a few circle tags.
Here are the two color challenges:
LSC#10 and LSC#11
I also broke out my wonderful Wise Owl stamp set from Papertrey Ink. I love him so much - he is just so darn cute!! Who wouldn't love him. For both tags, I stamped all the owl pieces using Chocolate Chip ink. Then, watercolored them in using a paint brush and the ink pad. I made sure to color in the bellies in the approrpiate color for the challenges (the pink and green). Then, I cut them out and adheared them to a circle of matching color. I curved the sentiment onto the block and stamped it onto the colored circle with more Chocolate Chip ink. I attached all of this to a piece of Dark Chocolate cardstock and cut around it carefully using some scallop scissors. Finally, I adheared all of this onto a white or cream circle card.
While I should have cut the circles for the ribbon to go before adhearing the whole thing together, I didn't. You don't want to know how hard it was to get them in there!! But I did it!! I adheared the appropriate color of ribbon depending on the color challenge. Voila, my two gift tags are finished.
I see that LSC10 was supposed to have polka dots and flowers....oops!!
Go check out the Loonie Stamper girls' work:
LSC 10 and 11
Dee Dee
Supplies: Stamps-Wise Owl (Papertrey Ink), Ink-Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!), Sweet Blush, Spring Moss, Summer Sunrise (Papertrey Ink), Paper - Vintage Cream, White, Spring Moss, Sweet Blush, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Other - Dark Chocolate and Pure Poppy twill (Papertrey Ink), Coluzzle, 1/4" hole punch, scallop scissors (Provo Craft).
Thanks for dropping in for a visit.
Donelda

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Totally awesome! Love these little tags, they would be uber cute on kids gifts!

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

Those are so fantastic!!! I love when you play along!! and look at that you even linked us up for both weeks....you ROCK!!!!

Regan said...

these are super Donelda-thanks for playing!!!!