Friday, October 3, 2008

smARTworks Sunflowers

Susan, owner of smARTworks, announced today on her BLOG that she has a whole bunch of birthdays to celebrate and one just happens to be smARTworks' 4th birthday!!! So she is celebrating by offereing an increadible sale!! You have to go over and check it out - it is amazing!!
In Susan's October New post, she welcomes me as a guest designer. That is so exciting!
And here is a card using one of my newest stamps from smARTworks. I stamped these great sunflowers in their watering can onto some watercolor paper. Then, I colored them in using my Stampin' Up watercolor pencil crayons. I used some Antique Linen to sponge around the edges of the panel and matted it onto some brown cardstock. Then I used some polka dot paper -- I am very into polka dots right now!! Matted on more brown cardstock and finally onto a vanilla card base. The tag was made with my cuttlebug and the Tiny Tags dies. I inked up just the word "wishes" from the sentiment that comes with this stamp set (which actually reads "Sending Cheer-filled Wishes" and stamped it onto the tag using my Stamp-a-ma-jig. Finished it off with some sponging and a little ribbon.
I love that this image is large enough to "fill" the whole card! And it is so much fun to color! I've also tried coloring it with my prismacolor pencil crayons....I'll post that card when I get it all pulled together! I wonder what it would look like done with pastel chalks....mmmm or maybe twinkling H2Os....mmmmmm !!!!
Drop over to smARTworks and celebrate with Susan!!
Supplies: Paper-Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!), Au Chocolate (Stampin' Up!), watercolor paper (unknown); Stamps - Sunflowers (smARTworks); Ink - Jet Black (Archival Ink), Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger); Other - Chocolate Chip marker (Stampin' Up!), sponge, ribbon, cuttlebug, Tiny Tag dies (ProvoCraft), watercolor pencil crayons (Stampin' Up!), paintbrush.
Thanks for dropping in!
Donelda

4 comments:

Chris (catt871) said...

SOoooo pretty!!! I love that stamp a lot!!!!

Unknown said...

I JUST LOVE YOUR NEW CARD DONELDA!TFS.

Jane said...

Congrats! Love the image. Sunflowers are my second favorite flower (roses are my first). You did a great job on the card.

Jane
SBS4

Kelly L said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors, and I am also into polka dots right now (buying ribbon w/polka dots lately). Congrats on your new guest designing gig! Great news, and terrific stamps from what I have been seeing. :) Kel