Saturday, November 22, 2008

smARTworks - Birdie and Buttons

Another smARTworks image! This cute little birdie attracted me to this set! The focal image of this card was made by stamping the image with black ink and then used my pastel chalks to color in the bird, flowers, and leaves. The chalks kept the look softer than if I'd colored it in with inks or markers! Then, I cut out an oval with my coluzzle making sure to not cut where the branches went down. I cut those out with scissors. Then, I added the little sentiment and a bit of black doodling across to top half of the oval. I finished off the oval with some buttons that were tied with white floss. The card was made using Pretty In Pink cardstock and Versamark ink. I used some of the stripes from Faux Ribbon and versamark ink to make the bottom part of the card. The top was stamped with the little leaf from the Borders & Corners {square} set, again with versamark ink. I love that look -- it is just subtle enough without distracting from the main focus of the card. I had a little bit of thin white twill that I used across the middle of the card. As well, I used my small scallop scissors to cut across the bottom of the card to show some of the white card base. Supplies: Stamps-Spring #1, WD-60 (smARTworks), Faux Ribbon, Borders & Corners {square} (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Basic Black (Stampin' Up!), Versamark; Paper - Pretty In Pink, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!); Other - white twill (unknown), scallop scissors (Provo Craft), black marker (Zig), pastel chalks (Stampin' Up!), vintage buttons (from Grandma Mary's stash), white floss (DCM), coluzzle, dimensionals. Thanks for dropping in this evening!! Donelda

1 comment:

Kelly L said...

Oooh so pretty, one of my favorite shades of pink and LOVE the birdies and sweet little buttons. :) Kel