Thursday, November 20, 2008

smARTworks - Clover Thanks

I love clover!! I remember being a kid and sitting on the lawn looking for 4 leaf clovers!! What a great way to waste away the day!! Anyway, I love this stamp set from smARTworks!! It was easy to pull together this card using it. I used Garden Green to stamp the clover onto white card stock. I used the opposite end of the clover flower stem to add some grass along the bottom of the card. Then, I used my Stampin' Up markers to color in the clover flower. Garden Green for the stem and Cameo Coral for the flower. Just before stamping the flowers, I smudged off the middle section of the flower using a Q-tip. I love the result, it makes the flowers look more realistic. Finished it off with some sponging along the bottom edge and a sentiment. Supplies: Stamps-Clover, smARTworks, Remember (Papertrey Ink); Paper - Garden Green, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!); Ink - Garden Green, Cameo Coral (Stampin' Up!); Other - sponge, Q-tip.

Thanks for dropping in for a visit.

Donelda

3 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Oh, Donelda, what a totally awesome card! I was just thinking the other day that my natural-looking floral/leaf stamps were sadly neglected, and here you are giving me inspiration to pull them out. Your trick with the qtip is truly genius!

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful and so realistic! It reminds me of growing up -- I still will look for 4-leaf clovers!

Unknown said...

Fantastic card - love it - I used to do the same thing in the garden for hours on end!!