Wednesday, November 19, 2008

smARTworks - It's Your Birday

Well, I needed a birthday card for my nephew...and FAST!! So, what do you think?? I think it is hilarious!! I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to repeat "It's Your Birday" over and over using Buckaroo Blue. Then I used this awesome bird from smARTworks (desinged by Dina Kowal - Mama Dini!!)!! See the little "splotch" under him...well, I used a piece of extra rubber that was left over from cutting the set apart and cute an oval-like shape. I inked it up with the same color, stamped it off once on scrap paper and then stamped it under the bird for a shadow. It grounds the image nicely!! Now that I look at it, I probably could have used some twine or something across the background....but it's too late, and to be honest, my nephew was probably more excited about the gift certificate tucked inside anyway LOL :-) ... as he should be!!! Supplies: Stamps-Birdie Fun, Birday (smARTworks); Ink-Buckaroo Blue (Stampin' Up!); Paper-Buckaroo Blue, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!); Other - left over rubber to make shadow oval, Stamp-a-ma-jig. Thanks for dropping in for a visit!! Donelda

6 comments:

Kelly L said...

Hee hee, very cute! Love the splotch, and I agree boys wouldn't care if there was twine or not! :D Besides flatter is better if you had to mail it. Kel

Deanna said...

Super cute!

Trish D said...

Love it!!

Joy Jenkins said...

What a great way to use left overs! Mind if I steal your idea? Your nephew is gonna love his card - I do.

Juanita said...

Love it.

Giovana said...

Really pretty card Donelda.