Monday, December 29, 2008

Inspiration Challenge #160

The Saturday Inspiration Challenge #160 over at Splitcoaststampers was to use the web-based store of MacKenzie-Childs. Well, I popped over to the link and saw the picture of this chair on the main page....and I just knew I had to make a card using it as inspiraiton!! It was just so funky great!!
I started out with the blue and added the harliquin diamonds with a darker blue. The the dots...they were a bit tricky. To get the yellow, I stamped the red cardstock with white craft ink, let it dry and then painted some yellow over top. The black and white was done with white embossing on black cardstock. The yellow is color on color!! I sliced up all my pieces and adheared them down. Then, I cut this label by hand and added this great sentiment. The little embellishment is a bracelet piece but it has these big bumps on the back (where the elastic would go). So, I sliced a hole in the lable so that the bumps would go into the cardstock and glued it down. I adheared the label using dimensionals to accomoadate for the bumps!!
Well, not sure if I like the card in the end but it was a ton of fun to make!! And I have left over scraps so you will likely see them appear on a future card!!
Supplies: Stamps-Print Pattern (retired Stampin' Up!), Finest Flourishes (retired Stampin' Up!) French Flair (retired Stampin' Up!), Polka Dot Basics (Papertrey Ink), Faux Ribbon (Papertrey Ink), Remember (Papertrey Ink); Cardstock-Cranberry Crisp, Basic Black, So Saffron, Ballet Blue (Stampin' Up!); Ink, Basic Black, Whipser White craft, Night of Navy (Stampin' Up!), Yellow Ocher (ColorBox), Versamark; Other - black marker (Zig), charm, white embossing powder.
Thanks for dropping by!
Donelda

3 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Sometimes it's fun to step outside our stamping comfort zone, isn't it?? Cute, funky card -- reminds me of Mary Engelbreit!

Lesly said...

I LOVE it! Great Job!

Anonymous said...

LOL - Not crazy about the chair but I *LOVE* the card!!

Great job with the challenge!!