Thursday, December 11, 2008

Snowmen and Flocked Circles

Here is one of my FAVORITES of all the different cards I made for Christmas this year!!! Edited - I finally found the supplier of this awesome read paper -- it is by Doodlebug Designs and you can see it HERE. It is velvet flocking! I found this awesome paper at my local scrapbooking store!! It has those awesome flocked circles on it. It looks so awesome in real life. Unfortunately, I can't remember who it is by....anyone out there know?? I used it all up and can't for the life of me remember.... sheesh!! I'll try to find it and edit this post. The card came together easily. I cut the polka dot paper to fit on the white card base. Then, I added a big white bow. Well, I did one bow but it was so fussy that I decided to make the rest with just a knot.... call me lazy!! But that one bow did turn out awesome, eh!! Next, I used my Made of Snow set to build my snowmen! I love the flexibility of this set!! These snowmen can have so many various looks. If you look carefully at the faces of these 3 cards you will see that some of their faces are different!! That is just the beginning!! You must go over to Papertrey Ink and check it out!! I colored in the scarves, buttons, mittens and hat band in red. Then, I used my light grey Prismacolor marker to shade in one side of the snowman. Cut out the snowman. Next, I added that little spirg of holly on the snowman top hat. That little stamp comes from the Borders & Corners {oval} set also from Papertrey Ink. It turned out to be the perfect size to fit on that hat!! I love it when that kind of thing happens!!! Finally, I adheared the snowman with some dimensionals. I really enjoyed making this card. I hope all my family and friends who I sent it to enjoy it also!! Thanks for dropping in for a visit!! Donelda

11 comments:

Deanna said...

Flocked circles... awesome!

IamDerby said...

Love these! Gorgeous!

Chris (catt871) said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO pretty!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that paper!!!!

Jessica G. said...

These are adorable, Donelda! The cute snowmen really pop against that red background and the ribbon is gorgeous!!

Juanita said...

What a fantastic card. Making the snowman almost sounds a little finicky. But it turned out great.
I have not had a chance to work with your craft table scraps yet. Maybe this afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Very cute cards! I love your snowmen...more stamps for my wishlist! :) Love the paper too.

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous - fantastic combination!!

Unknown said...

YOUR SNOWMAN CARDS ARE JUST FABULOUS DONELDA...JUST LOVE THE BIG RIBBON BOWS!

Diana said...

I love the paper, I love the snowmans but I really LOVE the big bows you did it!

This cards are really good!!

Sorry I haven't been a good sista lately!! I have a busy semester this year! but hopefully I'm finishing everything! so I will visit more often!!

Merry Christmas!

Love,
Diana

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love that set! I love these cards, can't go wrong with Red for Xmas! These are beautiful!

Justine said...

I agree this is an amazing card.