Wednesday, January 21, 2009

KWerner Color Challenge #39

Can you believe that this is the first time I've actually gotten to try a color challenge by Kristina Werner??!! Well, it is. Her blog is one of my favorites and I check out the color challenge every week but I just never seem to be able to get the idea, make the card, and upload it in time.
Well, tonight I saw the colors for challenge #39 and I just HAD to give this one a go!!
So, if you can't read the colors, they are...basic black, real red, so saffron, whisper white, and green galore (or another green). Well, I stayed true to the colors. And don't you LOVE that picture!!
I started out with these awesome flowers from the Garden of Life set by Papertrey Ink. I had stamped them onto black cardstock with white craft ink! Cut them out using my coluzzle. Then, I wanted to use panels of the colors. I cut each color to size, then doodled around each one...one of my all time favorite things to do!! Then, added the circled flowers and a sentiment. Finished it off with some black and white gingham ribbon! I kinda like it!! I wonder what it would have looked like on a black card base instead of white??? Mmmmm, might need to give that a try!
Supplies: Stamps-Garden of Life (Papertrey Ink); Ink-Basic Black, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!); Paper-Whisper White, Basic Black, So Saffron, Real Red, Green Galore (all Stampin' Up!); other-coluzzle, black pen (Zig), black and white gingham ribbon (Stampin' Up!).
Well, it was fun finally being able to try one of Kristina's challenges!! Hope you enjoy!
Donelda

21 comments:

Unknown said...

very nice! We were speedy with our cards tonight! Great colors.

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute! love the bright panels:)

Anonymous said...

What a really nice card, Donelda! I love how you used three different colored panels for the background, and I really like how they stand out against the white card base.

Great work on the color inspiration challenge!

Savitri said...

Very cute!!! Love your three panel idea!!

sburiel said...

Awesome card! I love it!

Sandy said...

Good job! what a beautiful card. Makes me sad that papertrey costs an arm and a leg AND another extra $ to ship to Canada.

rhonda said...

I love it! Great card.

Michelle said...

Well done on being first, and with such a cool card! You were super organised! TFS

AMY FLEMING said...

I love this card simple yet elegant!!!

Yankee in England said...

Fun card great use of the colors!

Jessica G. said...

Great use of this color combo -- those flowers really pop off the black!

Jennifer Kirk said...

Very pretty! Great idea color blocking the background with the challenge colors. Love those flower stamps!

Dori Shelton said...

Very cute! I love the black flowers, they add a classy touch.

Traveling Mama said...

I'm a huge fan of Kristina's blog too. Cute card! Love the white background. The black would be cute too! Lots of great ideas!

Sherri said...

Very pretty - I love the blocks of colour & the flowers!

Carol Dunstan said...

I really like what you have done with this

Deanna said...

Love it Donelda... aren't you quick!

Kristine said...

Great card! I love how you did the black outline on the boxes. What a lovely touch! :)

Regan said...

arent you speedy mcspeederson

Great Card!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being fiorst to post! Time was not a problem for you...what a pretty card !

Deb said...

fabulous card Donelda, I love all your cards, your stamping is always perfect and you have such an eye for placing all the elements! Hope you are having a great weekend!