Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Last of Dina's Birthday Challenges

Note - this is the second of 2 posts on my blog today!! Make sure that you scroll down to see the other entry. Well, this is my entry for Dina's last birthday challenges and I did them all!! Yeah!! They were so much fun!! This time, Dina asked us to case a Design Team member from Our Daily Bread designs. Are you kidding me??!! Have you seen the talent in that team???? It was nearly impossible to ever make a final pick!! And while I saw lots of great cards I finally settled on this beauty by Becca Freeken. While my final card doesn't even measure up, it was a great card to draw some creativity from!! This focal image is actualy made from 2 stamp sets from smARTworks (sadly, I don't actually have any ODBD stamps yet). The cat and butterfly are individual stamps and the grass comes from a different set. I did a lot of masking to create the final image. The sentiment is stamped onto some awesome Memory Box paper!! I love it so much that while I've had the paper since August, I have only made 1 card with it!! I'm such a hoarder!!! But yeah, I actually used it!! And that sentiment, it comes from the smARTworks set called Looking Collage, and it another stamp set designed by Dina herself!! Everyone who sees a card that sentiment LOVES it!! Well, I've probably shared more than you care to read about!! Here is the supply list: Stamps: Do You See What I See, Hoppers, Looking Collage (all smARTworks), Borders & Corners {square} (Papertrey Ink); Paper - Aerial (Memory Box), watercolor paper, Basic Black (Stampin' Up!); Ink-Soft Sky, Buckaroo Blue, Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Ruby Red, Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black (Stampin' Up!); Other-embossing powder, sponge, watercolor brush.

Well, thanks for dropping in. Don't forget to scroll down to see my other post and run, don't walk, over to Dina's blog and hurry up....

Donelda

2 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Wow! That is a great job masking, Donelda, and it's a wonderful card design. I love that sentiment... ties in nicely with my upcoming blog post, LOL! Mind if I borrow it for my sidebar?

Linda Carson said...

BEAUTIFULLY done!!