Saturday, January 24, 2009

Loonie Stamper Challenge #24 - Bling

Well looky looky, I actually got a chance to play with this week's Loonie Stamper Challenge. It has been a LONG time since I was able to play....way before Christmas!! But Maria picked bling...so how could I refuse??!!
I started out using my Faux Ribbon stamp set from Papertrey Ink to make this wonderful bottom. It is lots of fun to make Christmas cards and packaging like THIS one I made last year. You might have seen THIS card more recently by Niki who also did a tutorial.
Next, I added some Sweet Blush twill to the top of the home-made paper. Then for my Bling...I have these strips of metallic tape writer. YOu know the stuff...it is meant to go into one of those letter punch things...we all had them as kids but they never really worked very well. OUr parents all got mad at us because we would punch our names into the black strips and then peel the backing and stick it onto our "things". Well, at least I remember my mom giving me trouble for it!! Anyway, they are the latest trend in scrapbooking and crafting these days. In fact, you can see THIS awesome layout by Kim Crawford which has been chosen as a finalist in the Dymo contest.....on her post you can find the link to go vote for her entry if you want!!
Anyway, I have hte strips but not the machine to go with it (don't ask!!) but I've been dermined to find a way to use these strips. So, I took the pink strip and used my mini heart punch to make some metallic and blingy hearts!!! It is hard to tell that they are pink and blingy in the main picutre so I took this other picture with the light shining into the hearts! See, they are pink and metallic in color -- my bling :-)
Now you have to go see what the other loonie girls did!!
Don't forget to drop in tomorrow to see what I did for the January Blog Hop. And then, Monday is the smARTworks tea party...come join us for tea with your card that uses stitching and ribbon!!!
Thanks for dropping in for a visit!
Donelda

8 comments:

Charlene Austin said...

Donelda! This is so super cute!! Those tape writer strips are brilliant!!

Don't forget you can vote for Kim every day!! Her layout is perfect! And now I want one of those Dymo thingies and I don't even scrap! Haha.

Deanna said...

This is gorgeous Donelda! I totally love how you did that! Thanks for playing again!

Regan said...

OMG love it!!

Thanks so much for playin-we missed you!!!

Anonymous said...

Those strips are so neat, I will have to look for those! Great card!

Juanita said...

I love how you see things in a new way. Great bling!

Jessica G. said...

Very pretty, Donelda! I like the blingy hearts, but my favorite part is those stripes on the diagonal -- such a great slightly-different touch!

Kelly L said...

Love the bling-y hearts! I feel jipped. My mom didn't let me have one of those tapewriters. :( Kel

Chris (catt871) said...

Gorgeous background!! It looks like fancy DP!!!!!