Saturday, January 31, 2009

Loonie Stamper Challenge #25 - Birthday

This week it was Wendy's turn to set the Loonie Gal challenge and ...wow did she ever make a doozie!! Check out those colors. Individually, all very beautiful...but to put them all together was really hard for me!!
I don't own any of the new Raspberry Fizz color...but you know me, I am all about adapting. So, I went into paint and found a color that was as close to the Raspberry Fizz color as I could get. It worked!!
So, I started out with this first card. And while it was okay, it really wasn't making me very happy.
So, I gave it a second try and while it still isn't singing to me, I definately like it better than my first attempt!
What do you think?? Which card do you like best?? Give these colors a try and see what you can do with them!!!
Now you have to go and see the Loonie Girls' projects:
Supplies:
Bird Birthday: Stamps-Birds of a Feather, Birthday Basics (Papertrey Ink); Ink- Lemon Tart (Papertrey Ink), Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!); Paper- Dark Chocolate, Lemon Tart, Plum Pudding (Papertrey Ink), Raspberry Fizz (actually a home version to look as close to the PTI version as I could get), other- Linen Vellum (Papertrey Ink).
Dotty Birthday: Stamps-Father Knows Best, Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink); Ink-Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!); Paper - Dark Chocolate, Lemon Tart, Plum Pudding (Papertrey Ink), Raspberry Fizz (actually a home version to look as close to the PTI version as I could get); Other-1/4" and 1/2" circle punches (Stampin' Up!).
Thanks for dropping in!!
Donelda

8 comments:

Regan said...

OMG so awesome- glad you're back!!!

Anonymous said...

Donelda! Two cards with these colors?! Way to go!!! I can't come up with a favorite...I like the design of the first one because it's so clean. But that strip of circles on the second is awesome. Is it too wimpy if I say it's a tie? Thanks so much for playing with us :)

Deanna said...

So happy you played! I must say I love the first card but I do really like the second card... love how you added the color dots to the tree!

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

Donelda!! I LOVE the tree one that is super nice. Great job and thanks for playing again. :)

Anonymous said...

WOWZA!! You did a great job on this horrible odd color combo (I may never forgive Wendy!). I am loving the first one!!

Anonymous said...

Glad I could make you sweat!! LOL And trust me, when I started working on it I thought to myself "what the @*%# was I thinking"! I think I might like the tree one but love the birdies too! Both are great and thanks for playing!

Jessica G. said...

You are right -- tough color challenge, but you succeeded beautifully. And you know what? The bird card is my favorite!

Check out my blog to see my photo from your tag -- what fun!

Juanita said...

I love the second card. You found such a creative solution to your lack of Raspberry Fizz. Great work.