Sunday, January 25, 2009

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop - January - Birthday Card

Yes, time for another Papertrey Ink Blog Hop! If you haven't played before, you will have to consider it for next month. Every release part, Nichole posts a Blog Hop challenge on the Papertrey Ink site. We prepare our cards and post on the 25th of the month! And then, we spend the evening hopping around on everyone else's blog to see what they made. You can check HERE for others who are blog hopping tonight. Okay, on to my card. Tonight, we were asked to make a birthday card. It might sound easy...but I've got to tell you, I find it even easier to do a challenge when there are more limitations or guidelines to follow. But, I did my best and came up with this card.
I decided that I wanted to use some sets that I've been neglecting! So I pulled out my First Fruits set and used that awesome design strip. I stamped it in Aqua Mist onto some Select White paper. Then, I added a piece of Aqua Mist satin ribbon. For those of you who hate to tie bows...I hear you becasue I used to feel the same way. But I've descovered that the best way to get better is to actually do it!! HERE and HERE are some great video's that I've watched over and over to help out! Those ladies really know what they are doing!!
Next, I used this 'in flight' bird with Chocolate Chip ink and cut it out. On a piece of Kraft cardstock, I drew a flight line with a pencil, did some piercing, and then erased the pencil line. Then I added the bird using some dimensionals. I added a sentiment (inside reads...that it is your birthday) as well using more Chocolate Chip ink.
A simple card but a great birthday card.
Supplies: Stamps-Birds of a Feather, First Fruits (Papertrey Ink); Ink-Aqua Mist (Papertrey Ink), Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!); Paper - Kraft, Select White (Papertrey Ink); Other - Aqua Mist Satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink), paper piercer, pencil, eraser.
Thanks for dropping in....no go see what everyone else made!!
Donelda

31 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Gorgeous! I have both sets and feel a CASE coming on....;-)

Latisha said...

really pretty

Jak Heath said...

how lovely! great card.

calliezant said...

Precious...thanks for another great card idea.

IamDerby said...

Beautiful, fabulous color combo.

Marge said...

Oh yes, CASE coming on! I LOVE this!!! Need to dust that set off, for sure!!! :~)

Dana Gustafson said...

Very pretty and you did a great bow!

Serendipity said...

Soooooo pretty! Nicely done!

Gwen said...

so pretty!! I love the colors together..I don't have this set but I might need to get it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love this!

Deanna said...

Syunning Donelda! Love the pattern paper you made!

Lori said...

Very nice card!!

Savitri said...

Super cute!!!! Love how the bird flies!

Regan said...

awesome idea- I would have never thought of that.....I love it

Lizzie Jones said...

Your pierced trail is such a great detail! Thanks so much for sharing!

Amy said...

Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Just lovely!

Jen Caputo said...

so pretty! love how you cut out the bird and made him fly!

Babies-Beth said...

Great job, Donelda~ great idea to use neglected stamps, lol!

Chris said...

so pretty! i love the lines behind the bird!!

Kathleen said...

That's really a pretty card. I love how you made your own paper with that First Fruits stamp---I wouldn't have thought to do that in that color----great idea!

Lori said...

Nice! Love your color combination and the patterned paper you created.

Unknown said...

Very nice ;)

Anonymous said...

This is really lovely!

Banu said...

Beautiful card. We have both used the same set and same color combination. I really liked the way you have traced the birds flight path. very very pretty.

Jennifer Holmes said...

I have been very tempted to get that Birds of a Feather set - and your card is helping:) BTW...I also pierced on my card tonight! I think this was my first time, but I'll be sure to try it again with this bird set!

Bonnie said...

Very pretty but I don't think your links are working to the bow tying!

Jessica G. said...

The kraft/chocolate chip/aqua mist color combo is awesome, Donelda!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Donelda - love the piercing detail.

Kelly L said...

Love the color, nice clean card. :) Kel

Lauree said...

thanks for the comment. your card is fabulous. my avatar is actually a little felt person that i made for our family blog. each one of us has one and it is the header.
thanks again for the comment... my picture quality was horrible but hey what can you do in the middle on winter.

--cheers