Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Scrap Cards - Lots of them!

I told you yesterday on my post that I would upload my various "scrap cards" today. Well, here they are!! I really had so much fun making all of these on Sunday afternoon. And EVERYTHING you see is from my many scrap bins!! All of the flowers and butterflies had been punched out before but never used!! Even the ovals, circles, and squares were pieces in my "little scraps" bin. The bits of ribbon also came from my ribbon bits and pieces jar.

While there is just too much here to step you through it all, I will point out a few of my favorite details.

See the triple panel butterfly "scrapling" - the black, vanilla, and red one. That one is one of my favorites. The butterflies were punched out shortly after Christmas from a Christmas card. The card had this awesome velvet-like stocking with a design. It made great velvet butterflies. I still have a few in my scrap bin so you'll see them in future cards for sure. The size "scrapling" is an idea I got from Shari Carroll. She uses the scrap you cut off of a standard A2 size card when you make it into a 4"x4" card. Brilliant!!

I also like the cluster of orange flowers on the vanilla oval. Those are "faux" primas!! I found some previously punched flowers, then using my embossing stylus and a soft mat, I pushed in one side of the petals, flipped them over and pushed in the center!! They are so much fun to make!! And if you look carefully at the background (the green part) you might be able to see some lines. I love the look. How did I do it?? I simple used my ruler and drew lines using my Versamark pen. Simple but provides a nice subtle background!! You can be sure that I'll be doing that one again!!

See the shimmery apple..well, that glittery apple actually came from a small piece of the glitter strip I had left over from THIS card. See, I really do keep everything! Anyway, I saw that it was just big enough to punch out the apple. I loved how the colors worked into the punch! Cool. The background was done with alcohol inks. My hubby liked this one best!

I also really like the orange, turquoise, and black collage looking one. The elements just fell out of the scrap bin onto my table close together. All I had to do is make some final arrangements and it took shape. See the tuele on the side... that is from Heidi Swapp and I love it. I bought it a while ago (probably like 2 years... ) and I had obviously cut some to use and must have changed my mind. Anyway, it was a scrap ... so on my card it went. It makes for a great "light" element when you need something for balance but you don't want anything too heavy!

Oh, and just one more tidbit. The pink butterflies on the brown circles, well they were punched out of some watercolor paper that I had painted (with watercolor paint...I think ... it was a while ago) and then I sprinkled coarse salt onto the paint while it dried. If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you will see some of the design on the paper. I had cut out a bunch of these butterflies from the paper.

While I could never list all the supplies (and probably don't have all the product info anyway), I will list some of the key ingredients. Stamps: Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink), Garden of Life (Papertrey Ink), Pocket Silhouettes (Stampin' Up!), Cute as a Bug (retired Stampin' Up!), Faux Ribbon (Papertrey Ink), Polka Dot Basics (Papertrey Ink), Print Pattern (retired Stampin' Up!); Punches - apple, butterfly, butterfly (all Martha Stewart), leaf die (Cuttlebug)little flowers (EK Success), various circle punches (Stampin' Up!).

I hope you enjoyed my scraps!! I am still interested to see what beautiful creations you can create with your scraps!!

Thanks for dropping in!

Donelda

5 comments:

Trish D said...

These are all super cute - I'm always drawn to butterflies, so of course those cards are my favorite :) I love the idea of recycling Christmas cards, too!

Chris (catt871) said...

You amaze me woman!!!! These are all awesome!!!! You've inspired me to dig into my scrap bins too!!!! I will post what I make when I get some done!!!! :)

Yani said...

These are all gorgeous! Loved each one of them!

Jessica G. said...

These are your scrap cards?? I need to start shopping in your scrap pile! Great inspiration, Donelda! My faves are the butterfly with the word 'hug' card and the silhouette flower card.

Deanna said...

Wow girl you have been busy! These are great! I tagged you on my blog, hope you can play!