Tuesday, January 20, 2009

smARTworks - Cheer Filled Sunflowers

Here are more sunflowers!! I love love love this stamp! It comes from smARTworks in a set appropriately called Sunflowers!! :D I randomly stamped this individual stamp all over a piece of white cardstock using StazOn black. Then I colored them in using my Stampin' Up water pencil crayons. Finished them up with a watercolor paint brush. I have an aqua painter but I just feel like I have more control over the amount of water when I use an old fashion brush!! Finished off the card with a chocolate chip mat. Added the sentiment onto a Cuttlebug die and used lots of hemp to tie it on!! I love how hmep makes a card feel so rustic! It really is one of my favorite "ribbons"!! Placed all of this onto a So Saffron card base! What is your favorite flower?? I love sunflowers (obviously) and daffodils. I haven't found a good daffodil stamp I like yet.....anyone seen a good one out there??? Have a great day! Donelda

4 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

I don't have a favorite...I love them all! My preferred stamps, though, are more stylized rather than realistic. I love beautiful blooms from PTI.

Great sunflowers, Donelda!

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Daisies and daffodils are my favorites...for daffodil stamps, hm...have you looked at impression obsession? they have a few...I'll email you!

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful! The hemp is the perfect fiber for these cheery sunflowers!

Kelly L said...

Love this card, as I really love sunflowers lately! As for a favorite flower, really any flower is a treat for me though. I think it was Holly Berry stamps (or something like that) that has great daffodils. I have one here from "Verses rubberstamps" that I purchased at Addicted to Rubberstamps that I love but haven't even stamped with yet. *blush* Kel