Thursday, January 29, 2009

smARTworks - Red Teapot with Lace

This card was so much fun to make. I started out by stamping the teapot image from Teapot Trio (smARTworks) onto watercolor paper and colored it in with a watercolor brush and ink from my ink pads. I matted it with some Buckaroo Blue cardstock, used my ticket corner punch, and added some doodling around the edges of the image (one of my favorite ways to "finish off" a focal image). I added some awesome lace and black organdy ribbon under the image and a little sentiment. Put some of this amazing designer paper from Basic Grey on top of the Very Vanilla card base. I really like how this card turned out!!

Now, speaking of smARTworks...you have got to see what Susan is up to!! On her blog she is talking about smART bucks, incentive programs, and cookie plates!!! Head on over and check it out HERE! And it all starts on February 1st!! So don't forget to drop in to smARTworks and check out all the new and exciting stuff going on.

Thanks for dropping in!! Donelda

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous card! I love your doodling! Beautiful! Found you through Dina...

Jessica G. said...

Awesome card! Your coloring technique is perfect and what could be a better embellishment for a tea theme than antique lace??

Alley said...

I always enjoy your coloring. I love the way you've adorned your card with lace and that paper...lovely.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Donelda - I love al the details - and the colours are fab.

Jane said...

Beautiful card! Love the lace frills.

Jane
SBS4

Jocy said...

This is a great card, love it!