Wednesday, January 14, 2009

smARTworks Tea Party #9 - Glittery Creations

So, it was my turn to decide what the challenge was going to be for the 9th smARTworks Tea Party. Boy did I ever have a hard time deciding but I ultimately chose Glitter!! I have a whole bunch of glitter that I never seem to pull out so I thought it would be a good way to get some use of it!!
For this first card I really wanted to use this watch image from the smARTworks set called Watch Trio. Watch images are "in" right now which is why I ordered this set in the first place. In
my mind, I could see a silver watch so I embossed it with silver embossing powder and cut it out. Next, I made the glittery heart. I traced a foam heart onto some light cardboard I have. Then I added a piece of Sookwang tape (this is great stuff and there is lots of fun stuff you can do with it!!) Then, I peeled off the protective coating on the tape and poured red glitter all over it!! Finally, I tied a bit of beading cord around the heart!!
The rest of the card was pulled together easy enough. Some of the detials that make me love this card is the sewing around the red paper, the curve in the black patterned paper piece, and the heart popped up with dimensionals.
Here is the second card I ended up making. I love the look of the flowers. They are actually the flower stamp from the top right set on this page of the smARTworks catalog. It is meant to be used on a domino but I
can't help but use them to make great borders. You can see another example of this HERE on a previous card.
I stamped the domino image repeatedly using my Stamp-a-ma-jig. then, I colored in the flowers with some two-way glue and sprinkled the purple glitter all over it!! I let that dry for a few hours (so I was sure the glitter would stick) and then burnished it with my finger. This ensures it is stuck and actually makes this Jewel Glitter more sparkley. I cut this border out and added it with some black and purple scraps of paper from my pile. Finally, I added the sentiment. I realized that I do not have a "happy birthday" stamp from smARTworks so I had to use one from Papertrey Ink.
Supplies: Stamps - Watch Trio (smARTworks); Ink-Versamark; Paper-Whisper White (Stampin' Up), Pirate Bandana (Sandy Lion), Remember the Moment (Dream Street Papers); Other- silver and white embossing powder, light cardboard, double sided tape (Sookwang), red micro fine glitter (Jewel), beading cord (Bead Party), sewing machine, black thread.
Supplies: Stamps - DD08-Patterns (smARTworks), Birthday Basics (Papertrey Ink); Paper-Whisper White, Basic Black (Stampin' Up!), purple (unknown, maybe Making Memories); Ink - Basic Black (Stampin' Up!); Other - Ultra Fine Glitter (Jewel), two-way glue (Stampin' Up!).
Now you have to go check out all the other Design Team Members' creations!! Dina, Susan, Trish, Peggy, and Giovana ... and DEE joined in the fun too!!
And remember, you can play too! You just need to create something with glitter or anything glittery on it and then leave a comment with a link to any Design Team member's blog! We would love to see what you do with the challenge!! Thanks for having tea with us!
Donelda

6 comments:

Trish D said...

Wow, you're really rockin' it today! I love the watch with the glittery heart, and the wavy band behind it is a great element, too. And I love the rich colors in the second card - and I'm sure those tulips are breathtaking in person

Giovana said...

Beautiful creations Donelda. The watch card is my favorite, but both are great!!!
God bless
Giovana

Susan T. said...

I like the symbolism behind your watch/heart card, but I think your second card is my favorite -- Using the Domino Darling stamp is so clever, and black/white/purple color combo is super!

Jessica G. said...

Great bling, Donelda! My favorite part, though, is how you combined the watch image, hearts and 'Always' sentiment -- perfect!!

Juanita said...

I love all this glittery goodness here.

Deanna said...

Great cards Donelda. I did this challenge, hope that's ok!

http://deespapertree.blogspot.com/2009/01/gf-love.html